September 19, 2007

LIGHTBULB 1.0

IT'S MY SECOND DAY AT HOME AND I AM SUPPOSED TO DO NOTHING BUT REST. MY BODY IS REJOICING IN IT BUT MY MIND IS...WELL, RESTLESS. SO LET ME SHARE WITH YOU MY LIGHTBULB MOMENT FOR TODAY.

I think we are all trying to convince ourselves that we are doing something worthwhile in our lives.
.
But there are few people to have walked this earth who have actually led lives of purpose.
.
And because of a lack of time and willpower to think harder, I will cite only two. They are GANDHI and MOTHER TERESA.
I'd like to think I can follow in their footsteps, but alas, I could never be as genuinely self-sacrificing as they were. They displayed the greatest acts of love and kindness. But it was never an "act" for them. They did it not to promote their name, but to promote a good that was over and above them.

Achieving that would be my greatest dream.
.
SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO M APIDES WHO IS CELEBRATING HER BIRTHDAY TODAY. HAVE A GREAT ONE! :)

5 comments:

nette said...

Rest well my dear and try to regain your strength/build your stamina. You need it badly, along with 'TLC' for that 'golden voice, which goes perfectly well with your 'golden heart' (tacky or not, I truly mean it). Stay safe, be happy and cheers!!!

Love always from T. Nette

Miko Lao said...

doing big things, i gotta say. i seriously cannot wait to hear your whole album. so proud of you. i should tell my cousin and aunt(the one you met) to watch your show at SM Fairview. until we meet again, take care. ciao.

Miko Lao said...

hahaha... i just noticed your "I <3 DC" bag in that one picture... love it!

Dianne Elise said...

t. nette - i am glad to say i am doing much better now. the two days of rest i got at home were completely boring, but i guess that's just what my body needed. :) please send my regards to the family. i miss you all!

marc - hehehe! yeah that shot was taken from a behind-the-scenes perspective. :) i love that bag too! :) and yeah! tell your aunt and cousin to watch the show at SM fairview! that would be nice! till next time. you take care too!

Anonymous said...

wow. another one who wants to partake their footsteps. hirap nun. pero to the mind that is set, wlang mahirap :D

pero ako, hindi ko ata kaya yun. (sa ngayon)