December 6, 2007

"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

It's December again and we are nearing the end of 2007. So many things went down this year, and not just for me, but for the whole world. I, for one, have a memory span of a goldfish so I won't even try to recollect this year's headlines. But it's not even Christmas yet, so perhaps it's too early for the Top Ten lists and countdowns. Instead, allow me to share with you the current events of my realm.

Last Thursday, Mossimo launched a very special CD entitled "The Christmas Project." It features artists such as Barbie Almalbis, Arnee & Jeffrey Hidalgo, Luke Mijares, Rocksteddy, Urbanation, and 3rd Avenue. I contributed two tracks as well and you can expect a variety of your favorite Christmas tunes arranged in each artist's unique styles. The CD costs only P250. But here is the best part...100% of the CD sales will go to the Cancer Warriors Foundation. Every time someone buys Mossimo's "Christmas Project", they are helping in the treatment of kids with cancer. Please log on to www.c-warriors.org to learn more about this cause.


In other news, Kris Aquino's sophomore album "Love & Inspiration" is sure to follow, if not, surpass the success of her first album. In this compilation, I performed the songs "That's What Love is For," "Dreaming of You," "Weekend In New England," and my favorite among the four, "It's Just Another New Year's Eve. This Sunday, I will be at Robinsons Ermita to promote this album, so I'll see you guys there!


Don't forget to keep it posted on Wave 89.1 every Wednesday at 8:15 PM. I still have my radio show, Vintage Soul, right after Duets with Thor. And if you want to catch me live, Aruba Bar & Restaurant is the place to be at Metrowalk every Monday. Thanks again to all my supporters for showing me so much love! :) And to my family and friends who just keep on believing in me. You guys are my light when others show me darkness. Infinite thanks.

5 comments:

case said...

hi.... what your doin is very generous thing and im sure thos patients would love to have you and thank God for giving thm a wonderful and gorgeous ate... I for one appreciates your generousity for I know how difficult the situation of these patients for I bear witness to it.. My mom died of cancer last year and its not that easy to go through that experience.. hope you"ll be able to find happines in your heart in doing things such as this.. God Bless to you and your carrer and may you have many successes in life in the future. Good Luck and Best Wishes!!

Michael said...

Hey Dianne, are you with Acoustic Jive? I was wondering because that band is headlined to perform at our alumni reunion at the De La Salle Santiago Zobel Sylvia Lina Theater Lobby on December 15th. Our batch will be hosting said event...

DERF said...

Hi Dianne hope you still remember me, though I'm not with Urbanation, glad that I am still part of this successfull mossimo christmas project for the childrens welfair specially those who are suffering from cancer.

I myself is so lucky cause I have been a cancer survivor.. Its been a great pleasure to be part of your network of friends I just passed by with your blog by accident hehe..

Im still writing songs wih urbanation and hopefully send collaboration with some of our OPM artist since I have been working with THE BEAT SHOP with BOJAM(urbanation) and BiG DadDy(Rapper DJ)

Im still happy though I am not in the country anymore, you'll still see my picture in the mossimo xmas project album with my band haha...

God has been good to us, so let us embrace the blessings and the love he has showered upon us, and let the Filipino children feel it through the music that we love to play...

Missing your company my dear friend and hope I could write songs for you too...
Merry Christmas!!!
God Bless and regards to your career..

DERF
system consultant(singapore)
Urbanation vocals/basist/guitars/beat samples

Dianne Elise said...

CASE - i'm sorry to hear about your mom. i'm sure it was a difficult process for all of you. but you can atleast take comfort in knowing that she is in a better place now. i hope other people can recognize the importance of this project and support it. good luck to you too and GOD bless!

MICHAEL - no i'm not part of acoustic jive. but i hope your event was a success! :)

DERF - great to hear from you buddy! how is life in singapore? when will you be coming back home? i'd love to work with you in the future. ako yung nag text sayo some months ago when i asked for your email address. i had changed my numbers kasi hehehe. anyway...take care over there! see you soon!

DERF said...

try to send me your contact details to paulgilbert14@yahoo.com ok..

regards to you dont worry i can still write songs here i have put up my own studio here in singapore ok...

regards and i cant wait to see you soar sana wag mo ako kalilimutan ha..

glad to hear from you too...

DERF