August 13, 2007

When One Door Closes...

I am taking this so much better than my parents. Ofcourse they're allowed to feel bad because their daughter didn't make it to the Final Four in the MYX VJ Search. And yeah...I was disappointed too...but life, as it tends to do, goes on. I don't regret joining the competition. I had the time of my life! I got to be silly without anyone shooting me a weird look. (Well, maybe a few weird looks.) I made some very interesting friends. I got to work with the unbelievably down-to-earth MYX crew. And the experiences that the whole thing offered me were all so worthwhile. So, Mom and Dad...Thanks for wanting only the best for me. But I know you can agree with me when I say...the best is still yet to come.



I've got so many things to look forward to. My debut album, Now & Then, is currently the third-highest selling CD in Astrovision-Podium. (Thank you to the demo girl over there who plays my CD all the time!) My first single, You're the Inspiration, has made it to the top ten lists on the radio and TV. And my formal album launching hasn't even taken place yet. (BE THERE! August 22 at Aruba Metrowalk, 8 PM.) I realize I'm no where near No. 1 and a lot of people a) don't know me, b) haven't heard of my song, and/or c) don't care about any of the above...but a girl can dream! And that's what I'll do till I make 'em come true! (Oh goodness I did not intend to rhyme...or sound corny.)



With that, let me say congratulations again to the newest MYX VJs: Sanya, Mica, Igi, and Drei...ROCK the Philippines (and play my videos)! To the other finalists: Atom, Nico, Jet, Max, Sandra, and Odessa...What they've been saying to us is so true. We're young and we have so much more ahead of us. So don't throw your hands up yet (unless you're dancing to a command in a song) because we gotta be ready for what they throw at us next. And to the people who dream of auditioning for next year's MYX VJ Search, I say GO FOR IT!!!


P.S. Thank you to Igi for unknowingly letting me post the pictures from your camera onto my blogsite. I'll post more pics from my own cam next time! :) And hey...you were obviously a great partner! The best of luck to ya!




Tune in to my radio show, VINTAGE SOUL, every Wednesday at 8:15 PM on Wave 89.1. This week I'll be singing tunes from Maria Muldaur, The Stylistics, and Anita Baker. For those of you who only know artists from the year 2000 onwards, let me help take you back a little farther. :) Enjoy the music!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

MYX doesnt know what they're missing..... So your cd is selling well thats awesome. There are soooo many doors that open when some close. This whole past month for me the same things been happening. Lots of decision making that might ultimately change my entire future. Hopefully both you and I continue to make the right choices. Keep up the awesome work and I hope to see you sooner than later.


PS: You think you know who I am.......I think not. Post to ya soon.

nette said...

i can't agree with you more when you say 'the best is yet to come.' your journey to a lifetime of opportunities has just begun and you can't be bothered by little bumps along the way. just stay focused and be stronger, wiser, better as you enjoy the ride.

your cd is awesome. i enjoyed all the songs and am so happy that it's making real good. good luck on the formal launch and all the best as always.

love you much,
nette

Anonymous said...

MYX got myx-ed out! They passed on the new upcoming artist of the year! ohwell...you don't know that this mught be a blessing in disguise...now you have more time to focus in promoting your very very awesome and wonderful CD! and thanks to your CD I found this blog :D

Good luck to you and thanks for the great music and voice that I haven't heard for a long time...

"I have been swept away..." quote from my review of your cd in my blog :P

-TL

Dianne Elise said...

"S.A." - what makes you think i don't? you'd be great at spelling bees, but when it comes to typing, you hardly ever punctuate. i mean, you don't like using apostrophes (based on a few emails and your two comments here). and that's what gave you away. :)

t. nette - i'm so glad you liked the album. thank you for always commenting on my blog! atleast i know that people are actually reading it hehehe...i miss you all over there. MUCH LOVE!

TL - thanks for not buying a pirated copy! hahaha! let me know what your blog URL is so i can check it out too! :)

Anonymous said...

You can find it @ http://ti-blog-ger.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.html

-TL :P

allaboutdianneelise said...

i'm excited about the cd launch! hope there are really press people who would write all over the media and not just a few who just go because they had to....uhmmm...that's the mom talking. anyway, keep up the good work. btw, the billboard is really awesome! did i mention that already? many times i passed by there already (corner of edsa and connecticut for those who don't know where it is) and it still makes my heart skip a beat...who could be more in love???

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong, but maybe it's a good thing that you didn't make it in the final four. The VJ gig is great, but pursuing your career as an artist is even better...I think. =)

Book some concert tours, network with other artists and try to reach out new audience in bars and the internet.

BTW, I googled your name and your blog came up. I'll be dropping by metrowalk tomorrow to support. =)

All the best Dianne!

-arbie

Miko Lao said...

things happen/don't happen for a reason. it's just god's way of saying he has other plans for you. :)

youre always awesome in my book. take care and good luck, always. ;p

Anonymous said...

i will definitely buy your album. the carrier single is such a hit! too bad, u did not make it to the final four but am sure there are better opportunities waiting for you! am a big fan!
-anonymous- for now...

Dianne Elise said...

"elise" - hmmm...you stole my name! hehehe! well we see each other everyday...but thank you for the comment! i hope they put up another billboard soon! hahaha!

arbie - hey...i hope you made it to the launch! thank you for your support!!!

marc - yesss! i can always count on you to make me feel special! hehehe! book a flight over here PRONTO!!! too many new restaurants opened up; i gotta take you to them!

"anonymous" - what's up with all the anonymous people?! oh well...thanks! i hope you get a copy soon and help me go platinum! hehe! ambitious ba?!

Anonymous said...

ahhh too bad you didn't became a myx vj

you were the one i wanted to win!

HMMM BUT OH WELL>> at least you have an successful album launch..and more time to focus on ur singing career

i'll be buying your album soon!..haha i need to save half of my "school money" (baon) for it!..hehe
but i know it's gonna be worth it...


MORE POWER DIANNE! ;]