July 19, 2007

I'M BA-ACK...

The cutest, most amusing thing happened to me today. I finally got the WHOLE day to just do whatever I want to do, and ofcourse (being the good girl that I am) I chose to do household chores. It was precisely when I was outside, laboriously cleaning my pet dog's cage, that I heard the neighbor's kids singing along very loudly to the music videos on MYX. It wasn't before long that I realized the show was the Daily Top Ten. I was just drying the cage when the Number 7 music video started playing. I could hear that intro from a mile away so I knew it was my song, You're the Inspiration. I couldn't help myself one bit--I just kept on smiling and laughing softly as I listened to the kids sing along to the chorus of my song. It was such a nice feeling that I continued to dry the cage a little longer even though it was already completely dry. When the song finished, that's when I would go back inside the house.

To watch my video, please click on the link below:

Yes, I have to say things have been a little hectic...but for a completely different reason I'd have expected a month ago. The number one music channel in the Philippines, MYX, conducted its very first VJ Search earlier this month and they selected 12 semi-finalists from almost 300 people who tried out. That's right...I actually tried out for this thing and made it! Who says you can't be a singer and a VJ at the same time? Hehehe...That is if I make it to the final four. So far we've had to do photo shoots (fun), interviews (so-so), and tape several MYX shows (fun and a little nerve-wracking) and that's what's been keeping me busy the past few weeks. Tomorrow we will have a Surprise Challenge and I have NO idea what to expect. Please, please, please don't make us eat any bugs!!! After that we'll be having a mall tour which includes the new Trinoma, SM Megamall, and Mall of Asia. Finals night is on August 4 and that's when we'll learn who the FOUR new VJs of MYX will be. You can vote for me by texting MYXMATCH 12 and send it to 2366. The race is on!



I know it's kinda crazy. I have a video playing on MYX and I'm trying out as a VJ on the same channel. But as far as I know, I have two things to be worried about! Everyday I worry if my music video is still in the Top Ten. And if it is, I'm paranoid about whether it is going up the charts or down. (I mean, we really want it to go to Number 1!) Then, I also have to worry about my performance as a "VJ" every time I go to the MYX studio. Am I impressing them or boring them? What are they looking for??? Yeah...it is a crazy time indeed. But I'm having so much fun.


Please vote for my music video on MYX. Just text MYX VOTE YOU'RE THE INSPIRATION and send it to 2366. Thank you so much for your support!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dianne! hope you have a great day today. we always pray for your success and know in our hearts that you are gonna make it really big someday! i think that day is so near! so brace yourself and enjoy the ride!

Anonymous said...

hey you! remember me? Congratulations! Hope you win! Did you get your CD from Henry?

Anonymous said...

wow dianne! i remember the article i wrote about you in college. tama nga, you can pursue different things all at once. just savor every moment! i'm pretty sure you'll make it! :) mwah!
-kat sarmiento

Anonymous said...

wow dianne! i remember the article i wrote about you in college. tama nga, you can pursue different things all at once. just savor every moment! i'm pretty sure you'll make it! :) mwah!
-kat sarmiento

Dianne Elise said...

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS, EVERYONE! please don't forget to leave your name though; i'd like to know who i'm writing to! :)

aaron vicencio...thank you for your well wishes. ummm...what CD are you talking about though?

blogmate kat! i remember that too! and how we kept laughing while you were "interviewing" me. :D that was fun...and let's not forget about the thesis that inspired me to make my very own blog! haha! (and that YUCKY japanese food i ordered that was way too expensive!!! aarrgghh!!!) hope you're doing well. MISS YOU BLOGMATE!!!

Anonymous said...

dianne dearest,
here's your ardent admirer (again) hoping, wishing and praying that your cd or at least your carrier single gets to the top 10, and that you make it to the final four vjs. am so proud of you and look forward to watching you headline a major concert soon. keep up the great work!!!
Nette

Anonymous said...

Dianne! I am so proud of you--look at all of the the amazing things you've accomplished! You deserve nothing but success, wealth and happiness--you've worked hard for it. I'd love to visit you sometime, girly. Miss you lots, and best wishes with all of your [many] endeavors!

Love, Hillary

Miko Lao said...

VJ for MYX? cool! i was thinking about doing that for the MYX here in the states... but then, i'd have to move to cali. lol.

still proud of you. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Diane... It's me Ariel yung sa Imeem... Ala lang nagpapapansin lang sa napakagaling na singer nato... hehe!^^

Anonymous said...

YOOOOOOOOOOO, Im not worthy, im not worthy. I believe I read the future 8-9 years ago when I said you were gonna be famous as long as your worked for it. I was riiight. All IM saying is you better come back to the states and give your old skool friends a show. How do we in the states get a copy of the album????
Looking forward to the next blog and you visiting.

-YOUR SECRET ADMIRER ;)

Dianne Elise said...

t. nette - i do hope i make it to the final four in the MYX VJ search. but headlining a major concert in the near future might be expecting too much. hehehe. thanks for visiting my blog all the time! :)

hillary - is this hillary miles?! hey!!! thanks for actually reading my blog hahaha. i miss my pullen peeps! you SHOULD come to the philippines, i will give you a tour!!!

marc - GO FOR IT!!! :P

AJ - salamat po sa support!!! reading your comments/messages makes me feel like i'm doing something right! nakakatuwa kasi naaappreciate mo yung music ko. :)

"secret admirer" - i think i know you...just tell me what school we went to. hehehe. and if i'm right, i think you were the one who actually told me to have a BACKUP PLAN. so boo-yah...didn't need one. hahaha. just kiddin. my backup plan was advertising. :D

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Pagnagkaconcert kana ng sarili mo enge libreng ticket ha... jejeje!!! joke lang!!!^_^ Syempre I'll buy pagdating ng time nayun bilang suporta kay Diane Elise... hehe!!!^_^ Galingan mo po lagi ha... :p

Anonymous said...

I gave henry 2 copies of your photos... one for you, and one for the material

Caelus said...

At first I thought, "Wow, is this for real? She has her own blogspot?".

I don't know you, you don't know me either, but I really love your music. Your album is my current playlist, and I'm LSS on your current single.

Simply, thank you for making this (hopeless romantic) fan happy. =)

Dianne Elise said...

First off...let me just say hi to AJ! :) woohoo! :)

aaron - oh yes, you're the photog who is responsible for that SPECTACULAR image on the billboard along EDSA! :P THANK YOU for making me look good! hahaha...um nooo i didn't get that CD from henry. i shall ask him about it!

CAELUS...awesome--more people are reading my blog! yayyyyyyyy! :) you don't know how happy it made me to read your comment. you're helping me make my dreams come true!

Anonymous said...

congrats lil' sis -- i always knew big things were in store for you =)

looking forward to another duet next time i'm back home in the philippines!

raf (the speaks)
raf@thespeaks.com

Dianne Elise said...

RAF!!! heyyy...who told you about my blog? well it's great you've stumbled upon it. thanks for that really nice message! :) WE'LL be looking forward to your next visit here. i always hear great things about the speaks. ROCK ON!!! yeah--ee-yeah!!! :D