April 8, 2008

Part 1 of My Update :)

Wave just celebrated its seventh anniversary, and if you were lucky enough to be there, you would have been a witness to the incredible talent this country has to offer. Everybody who's a somebody was there. So it was very exciting for me to share the stage with some of the artists I had only admired a few years back. "Makin' It Happen @ Seven" featured artists like Jay Durias, Nina, Thor, Julianne, Luke Mejares, Amber, Urbanation, Jay-R, and a whole lot more. Happy anniversary to Wave and a million thanks for being the first station to ever play my song!


In other news, the most embarrassing and most memorable gig of my life took place a few weeks ago. I was singing my first number at the birthday party of--let's just say--someone from a very notable family...And before the song ended, I had managed to fall flat on my bottom. To my defense, the spotlight was blinding me as efficiently as possible, so I didn't realize I had already reached the end of the slightly elevated dancefloor. Arrgghh! I know I have a proclivity to clumsiness, but it sure does surface at the worst times. All I kept thinking was, "Please don't let me see this on YouTube..." And if anything at all, they should have had a sign.


Well, this is not all for my update but I'm afraid I have to stop here for now. I still need to upload more pics so I can show you what had kept me busy for the past two months. Don't forget to tune in to my weekly radio show on Wave called VINTAGE SOUL. It's on at 8:15 PM every Wednesday. And for live gigs, you can catch me at Liberty Center along Shaw Blvd. on April 11 and April 25. PEACE.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope the incident did not embarrass you too much. it happens. i was at an event last week and the special guest fell flat on his face...and he did not have the lights to blame :-) just saw your billboard going up the makati-mandaluyong flyover and got intrigued so i looked you up. i hope to catch one of your gigs soon. keep it up. i do gigs too, although DJ-ing. if you're interested, let me know so i can have you and your friends as guests. cheers.

Jovir Amatong said...

Hello Dianne, just wanna send my Congratulations for the great music and more power to you always!

I heard quite a few of your songs being aired here in Cebu and i was curious as to the artist was until i saw a poster of you at a local music store. I like your songs a lot, keep on rockin'!

pinkroyalty said...

Hi Diane! :) I'm so happy to stumble on your blog. The first time I've seen you was on ASAP, you were singing with Piolo. And oh, I fell in love with the song, Swept Away. When I searched IMEEM, I was surprised to see more songs you did. They were all great, by the way. Great singing voice! I'll be dropping by your site always. Take care and more power. God bless!

Dianne Elise said...

anonymous - i am the most boring person when it comes to clubbing. haha. but let me know where you DJ so i can tell my friends instead. :) thanks for dropping by my site.

jovir - thank you! i hope i can go back to cebu soon. i love the place! :D

pinkroyalty - maraming salamat! :) watch out for my next single which will be out soon. the title of the song is "easier." i hope you'll like it too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne. Forgot to capture your performance at WALANG TULUGAN with Master Showman. Sh*t nakatulog ako. Hehe

Anonymous said...

hi dianne!
great job, great voice,
and i think great person!!!
i really believe!!!=)
see you soon!
where will you be performing
this week?
im excited to see you!
i saw you first sa sm marilao
but didnt get the chance to
just say hello cause we left earlier...but anyway, i promise
to see you soon in one of your gigs...
keep whispering with your
angelic voice!
God bless! more power and success!!!=)see you!

Anonymous said...

Damn Gurl... I thought I saw you on ABS-CBN. I wasn't sure it was you.. Anyways.. Catch up with you later..

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.